Innsbruck and Hallstatt

Hallstatt

Hallstatt

Hallstatt

Hallstatt

Hallstatt

Hallstatt

Bad Goisern

Innsbruck

Innsbruck
Another place I'd had on my radar for quite some time to visit was Hallstatt in Austria. A town nestled in the mountains on a lake, what's there not to like? However before I got there I took a little trip over to Innsbruck, where I first discovered that Easter Markets existed!

Unfortunately and annoyingly, Innsbruck was nothing but cloudy, moody and foggy on the day I was there (photos were taken the afternoon I arrived), so it wasn't the best weather to view the beautiful surrounding mountain ranges, nor would it be nice weather to take the cable car up the mountain to view the city from above.

Next stop though was Hallstatt. Due to my stupidity I did not stay in Hallstatt, I'd booked accommodation and then realised I booked for March and not April..., so I stayed in a cute town nearby called Bad Goisern in another guesthouse. The people who ran this one were absolutely lovely and went out of their way to insure I was comfortable and knew how to get to Hallstatt/where to eat.

After taking the local train to Hallstatt and a ferry over to the town, everything about it was gorgeous and picturesque, it was in a lovely setting. It seemed too good to be true, and it was, due to it's setting and touristing marketing, Hallstatt recently has become high on people's lists of places to go and it was overrun with tourists. I don't think I even saw one local whilst I was there. Putting that aside, Hallstatt really is a lovely place, I can only imagine how nice it would've been many years maybe centuries ago.

Comments

Popular Posts