Salzburg

Hohensalzburg castle

Hohensalzburg castle

Hohensalzburg castle
View from Hohensalzburg castle



View from Hohensalzburg castle







Salzburg, the city renowned for Mozart and the Sound of Music, surprisingly during my brief two night visit here I did no touristy things for either. Instead opting to explore the surrounding mountains and walk the streets of the town.

I stayed with my friend Leonie, who kindly drove me to my hearts content up the mountains to view Salzburg from above and also see more mountains. We also spontaneously looked up 'what's on in Salzburg' for one of the nights I was there and ended up seeing Charlie Cunningham perform in a bar, which provided much needed vibes and became a great night.

Despite it being spring, I was welcomed into Austria with cold, chilly weather, making me realise I had indeed not packed enough layers to sufficiently keep myself warm. Apart from this little annoyance, Salzburg was beautiful and I will definitely be back!

Thank you so much Leonie for letting me stay. Above here a collection of photos from Salzburg.

Comments

Popular Posts