Visting Bavaria in southern Germany

Schloss Neuschwanstein

Alpsee


Alpsee

Alpsee

Schloss Neuschwanstein




Schloss Neuschwanstein

Schloss Neuschwanstein

Schwangau
From the road Brunnen - Hohenschwangau

Mountains towering above 

Schloss Neuschwanstein

The first time I saw Schloss Neuschwanstein was on the Amazing Race and from then I knew I always wanted to pay a visit. The allure of a castle atop a mountain, surrounded by mountains was enough to draw me in.

Instead of taking a day trip from Munich, much like the mass swarm of tourists on my train did, I decided I wanted to stay in Schwangau, and boy was this the best decision I'd made so far. Staying in a bed and breakfast in Schwangau Brunnen, 40min walk from Hohenschwangau, added to this being the best decision. The hosts were absolutely lovely and being able to walk from Brunnen into Hohenschwangau was calming and picturesque. Even more calming perhaps was Alpsee, a lake next to Hohenschwangau with mountains in the backdrop. 

Both Schloss Neuschwanstein and Schloss Hohenschwangau were gorgeous and definitely worth a visit. 

Above are a collection of some of my favourites photos from this region in Bavaria, and potentially one of my favourites places I've seen in the world. 

Comments

Popular Posts